February Schedule

  • FREE fitness classes Mon-Thurs. @ 9:10 am
  • Building cleaning @ 8 am every Saturday this month
  • February 13th RS Favorite Things activity @ 7pm
  • February 16th Lesson #3 Joseph Fielding Smith
  • February 23rd Lesson: Teaching for our Time

General Conference



General Conference was WONDERFUL! I love to hear the Prophet and Apostles speak. Hearing President Monson's announcement about the age of Missionary service changing brought such a spirit to me that I know it is what the Lord wants for us right now. Such an exciting time for those 18 and 19 year olds! Post your comments and thoughts about anything that touched your heart this conference.

3 comments:

jill boccia said...

Conference was great! Had to work Sat...but I really loved Elder Ballard's talk..it helped me to realize that my 1/12 teaspoon efforts are still important and acceptable to the Lord.
I also appreciate this cute blog...keep up the great work!

Lena Phillips said...

I always really really look forward to Elder Holland's talks. I literally hang on the edge of my seat, shushing anything that makes a peep so I can hear every word he says. He speaks bluntly, to the point, and in a way that just fires me up and boosts my motivation to be better. I really don't know what it is that is so different about his talks, but they always have the most impact on me. This conference was no different. I loved it!

P.S. I was stunned with the missionary age announcement and think it is definitely a cool change! I think it will boost the numbers of missionaries. It'll be interesting to see! :) so exciting!!

Sandy Browning said...

I write up a family newsletter, interviewing each child and grandchild about their past week’s activities. Last night I learned that when our 16-year old grand daughter heard the announcement, she said: “I am going on a mission.” When I spoke to her 12-year old sister, she also had excitement in her voice, telling me that she wanted to go, too.
Hearing their excitement was “music to my ears.” I was so grateful to hear that they felt the spirit and were excited to do the Lord’s work. As that announcement has been discussed among other family members, there is not only excitement, but another recognition that our prophets are truly inspired by the Lord. There are so many benefits with this change, too numerous to mention, but more than that, it has been another strengthening of testimony, that we are being led by prophets who work hand in hand with the Lord, who knows exactly what needs to be done to strengthen his children, spiritually, and to help each of us become truly converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What a great, great blessing to belong to Christ’s true church!